Dear Supporters and Friends,
This holiday season, Translators without Borders has so much for which we are grateful! Let me count the ways:
- 33,000 hours of donated time this year.
- 3,000 volunteer translators focusing on health, crisis and educational content.
- 111 language pairs including major languages like Arabic and French, but also critical regional languages like Hausa and Waray.
- 20 million+ speakers of seven West African languages reached with Ebola messages, posters and announcements.
- 160 partner non-profits focused on development and humanitarian aid.
- 20 community translators trained in an exciting new program in East and West Africa.
- The first ever crisis relief translation network developed and used in Kenya and the Philippines.
It is the dedication and hard work of all our volunteers that make these numbers possible. From the translator who gives an hour a year, to the one who contributes over 100,000 words, to the volunteer administrative team, to the board that has tirelessly worked to build a sustainable organization that meets its mission: We thank each and every one of you.
But we cannot build and sustain our lifesaving programs without funding. This holiday season, we ask you to consider a donation to help us build for the future. We are showing the world that #TranslationMatters. Help us make a difference – together, we will realize our dream of a world where knowledge knows no language barriers.
I wish you a very happy holiday season!
Program Director, Translators without Borders
PS: Did you know Amazon contributes 0.5% of sales to TWB when you shop through Smile Amazon? Go to our donation page and click on the Amazon Smile icon, and then begin your shopping!